Wednesday, March 15, 2006

When I attacked my friend with a hand made BOMB...

It was a x'mas vacation time. I was in 6th standard... After roaming here and there, I reached home in the evening. When I reached, my Mom told me that my friend fell into the empty pit in their backyard and was taken to the hospital. I expressed my shock but left the scenario without any further comments. I entered my room and recalled the incidents which happened a few hours back.

Flash back:
As it was x'mas season, there were a lot of crackers kept in my house. Even though it was purchased for me, I was not allowed to touch it without the supervision of elders. However, I managed to smuggle one packet to my room successfully. After the lunch, I took the packet and went to our terrace. (It is my secret laboratory where I conduct most of my illegal experiments). That day I was so happy coz I had a most precious raw material to experiment with. I opened the covering of some crackers and collected the powder in a small plastic can. My idea was to create a bigger cracker or in other words, a "BOMB". I succeeded in the process and created the Bomb. I was so happy with my latest creation and decided to test its functionality. In my imagination, I became a brave soldier who is guarding the castle(My house) for his country and my friends backyard became pakistan. So I lit the fuse of the Bomb and tossed it across the boundary wall. It went across the wall and disappeared from my sight and "BOOM".... I heard the blasting victory of my experiment.

Just after the blast, I heard another sound... Aaaaaaaa....!!!!. It was my friend voice.... It pulled me back from my imaginary battle field to real world. I realized the situation and ran off from that spot... I came back after one hour to check the situation and I got the news from my Mom.

After reaching home, I was sitting in the room, thinking about the consequences that I will have to face when my friend comes back from Hospital. I was so tensed.... and time was ticking away.... Then I heard the sound of my friend.
My heart started beating fast.... I came out and saw my friend standing at the door, with a bandage in his left arm. I was trembling but managed to smile at him. My mom was enquiring about the incident. He called me out and started walking towards the backyard. We reached near that pit. I assumed that he is going to take revenge by throwing me in to the pit(He was really stronger than me). I was so scared but was not able to do anything . I was going to apologize but before that, he started talking:


"Do you know what happened?... I was sitting near that pit experimenting with some crackers...." (See!! that's why we are friends.... Both of us gets the same type of crazy ideas at the same time!!!!) he continued, "I heard a sound and I saw a flame flying towards me... I jumped away from it and fell to the pit. It missed me by few inches and it blasted. Do you know what was it????" He asked me with a mysterious smile.... I was sweating like anything... I tried to mumble something.. but he again stopped me. He came near me and passed that shocking secret to my ears.
"IT WAS A METEOR!!!!!!!!".

I don't have any words to explain the feeling that I felt at that moment. Till this date, he don't know that it was a man made Meteor and his best pal was behind it.....

NB: His parents saw the crackers near the pit and still believe that it was his experiment that misfired and the Meteor is a story that he made to hide that...!!!!.

4 comments:

Archana Raghupathy said...

nice to see my blog linked here.. so continue ur so called nonsense and u can see me here often :)

Sudhakar said...

LOL @ "IT WAS A METEOR!!!!!!!!".
Nice funny post.

Karthik ,K.N said...

meteor eh...i guess..did their parents really believed it...i doubt...neways does ur friend know tht u r the one

Abru said...

Karthik, I gues you missed the last part of that post. The answer for your questions are already mentioned.